Selection of 10 companies benefiting from the contract acquisition assistance service financed by Multilateral Development Banks
The support for the acquisition of contracts financed by multilateral development banks continues for 10 selected companies: Unioncamere Veneto with the collaboration of the Chambers of Commerce of Veneto has launched an initiative to assist the acquisition of contracts financed by Multilateral Development Banks (BMS) including: World Bank (WB), Inter-American Development Bank (IADB), African Development Bank (Afdb), Asian Development Bank (ADB) and European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD).
Projects carried out in developing countries and emerging economies through the financing of these banks generate every year thousands of contracts opportunities, acquired through tenders based on transparent rules and the security of availability of funds for payments. It may be a Technical Assistance project that worth a few million euros, a major infrastructure project or multi-annual intervention programs worth several hundred million euros.
The scope of international public procurement for contracts financed by multilateral institutions has considerable potential of interest and development for companies and consultants.
The service, free of charge, is addressed to 10 companies belonging to the sectors admitted to participation in tenders financed by the World Bank and who already have international experience: companies can be suppliers of goods, works or consulting services (which also includes engineering companies and ICT companies where ICT consulting is involved);
Sectors may include virtually all commercial sectors with exclusions of luxury goods (or simply too refined or expensive for developing countries and emerging economies), defense-related goods and jobs, nuclear energy, alcohol, or gambling;
The assistance to companies is administered by a team of Unioncamere Veneto and a consultant with twenty-five years of experience in the acquisition of contracts financed by Multilateral Bodies and is divided into:
- An introductory seminar on how to acquire contracts financed by Multilateral Development Banks BMS for the ten companies, held on 21.06.2016;
- A company visit of the project team to identify countries and sectors of interest to the company and suggest times and ways for assistance;
- “Targeted” identification for each company of opportunities generated by the financing of Multilateral Development Banks;
- Assistance in the first follow-up actions of opportunities;
for any clarification or further information (Roberta Marciante, tel. 041 0999328, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Marco Polo Award
The “Marco Polo” award has been assigned every year since 1988 by Unioncamere and the Foreign Center of the Chambers of Commerce of Veneto. Its purpose is to valorize and recognize the activities of companies in the Veneto region – two for each province, one of which is small in size – that have contributed significantly to the development of the region’s international trade, respectively in the sectors of industry, crafts, agribusiness, tourism and services. The recommendation of the most deserving enterprises is carried out by each CCIAA of the province of reference. The awarding of the prize takes place during a ceremony celebrated in turn at the headquarters of the Chambers of Veneto.
Let’s EXPOse Veneto
On the occasion of Expo 2015, Unioncamere has coordinated the initiatives of the Chamber System to increase the flow of tourists in Veneto and promote internationally the excellence of the “made in Veneto”, combining visits to the productive realities of the entrepreneurial fabric.
The actions carried out were
– organization of business-to-business tools and visits to the economic and productive excellences of the regional territory, from May to October 2015;
– Preparation of a catalog of tourism offers, cultural events, sector events in Veneto and implementation of actions for the promotion and communication at international level, through brochures, flyers, CD-ROMs, landing pages on the website, construction database of contacts of the countries of greatest interest, collaboration with Consortia of tourism promotion, contacts with ENIT offices, ICE, embassies, chambers of commerce abroad, networking missions at Expo Milano, incoming missions in the area, presidium stand inside the Pavilion Aquae in Marghera.
For further information: exponiamo il Veneto