For the purpose of monitoring the regional economy, the Study Centre carries out observatories, laboratories and analyses on the main topics of interest to the Chambers of Commerce, elaborating and exploiting data both from sample surveys and from the main official and unofficial statistical sources. The results of the observatory and analysis activities are disseminated online and through periodical publications and reports. The main topics of analysis are as follows:
- Observatory on the economic situation, which monitors regional economic trends and the main sectors of economic activity;
- Observatory on the demography of enterprises, which monitors the birth rate and mortality of enterprises and the characteristics of foreign, female and youth entrepreneurship;
- Observatory on the internationalization of companies, which monitors trade with foreign countries, the trend of international markets; the competitive positioning of sectors and products of the regional economy;
- Observatory on corporate balance sheets, which monitors the economic and financial performance and taxation of capital companies;
- Observatory on federalism and public finance, which monitors the state of implementation of the Italian institutional decentralization, the trend of revenue and expenditure of public administrations by level of government, the dynamics of taxation on businesses and households, the phenomenon of tax evasion;
- Observatory on infrastructure, which monitors the logistic system at local level, making available information on projects under approval and under construction, traffic flows, critical financial issues, the definition of procedural procedures.
- Observatory on the demand for work, which analyzes the professional and employment needs of companies, through the processing and analysis of data from the Information System Excelsior made by Italian Unioncamere and Ministry of Labor.
- Laboratory “Beyond GDP”, dedicated to the search for alternative indicators for the measurement of progress, well-being and quality of life in the region.
Last modified: 14 May 2021